Punaluu Beach is known for two things – its pitch black sand and resident sea turtle. If you love turtles and don’t want to leave Hawaii without meeting some, Punaluu Beach is your best bet.
The combination of pure black sand and palm trees was an exotic sight. The black sand came from volcanic basalt and was the creation of mother nature, being the heart and soul of Hawaii. The sand was coarse and so it was kind of a foot massage experience walking on it.
We decided to make a quick stop at Punaluu Beach en route our drive to Pahoa from the South Point so that we wouldn’t have to drive back specially for this the next day.
Turtles spotted! The area where they were resting was fenced off by rocks, presumably by thoughtful locals after they sighted the turtles ashore.
We only spent around 10 minutes here since we didn’t plan to swim or do much here at the black beach.
- 【Kona】.::You, me, palm tree and sunset::.
- 【Kahaluu Bay】.::Snorkelling in the nature’s aquarium::.
- 【South Point】.::The southernmost point of the United States of America::.
- 【Punaluu Beach】 (aka Black Beach Hawaii) .::Bah bah black beach have you any turtles::.
- 【Mauna Kea】.::Sunset able the sea of clouds::.
- 【Hawaii Volcano – Lava tour】.::WE POKED RED HOT LIVE FLOWING LAVA::.
- 【Nature’s Cottage】.::a very unique Airbnb experience::.
- 【Tide Pools】.::Crystal clear champagne tide pools::.
- 【Big Island Food】.::Bubba Gump, Splasher’s Grill, Pele’s, L&L, LuQuin’s, Cafe 100::.
- 【Hanauma Bay】.::Snorkelling before the sun comes out::.
- 【Chinaman’s Hat & Kualoa Ranch】.::The ocean’s hat and Jurassic Park::.
- 【Polynesian Centre Luau】.::Hula without coconut bikini?::.
- 【Dole Plantation】.::Sweet pineapple and delicious Dole Whip ice cream::.
- 【Oahu Food】.::Teddy’s, Helena’s Hawaiian Food, Duke’s at Waikiki, Giovanni’s Shrimp Truck, Macky’s Shrimp Truck, Ted’s Bakery, Popeye, Ramen Nakamura::.
- 【Airbnb】.::A very chic retreat::.